Pool Tips & Resources
General Pool Resources
- In-Store Water Test Information Sheet - Please fill out this form, or have the information available, when you bring in a water bottle of your water to be tested at Blue Wave.
- Leak Detection Information Gathering - Swimming Pool leak gathering information.
- What Causes Metal Stains in Pools? - Nothing bothers pool owners more than those unsightly blotches and discolor-ations on an otherwise unblemished pool surface.
- Plaster Pool Startup - Plaster Pool Start Up Procedure
- 9 Common Mistakes When Building an Indoor Pool - Read the nine common mistakes made when building an indoor pool.
Commercial Pool Resources
- Clean Up Procedures (Fecal, Vomit, Blood Incidents) - Recommended procedure for clean-up of fecal, vomit and blood incidents in and around public swimming pools and whirlpool spas.
- Daily Chemical Test Log - Keep track of your daily readings with our professional test log.
- MAHC 1st Edition Code – The 1st addition of the Model Aquatic Health Code to be used for guidance.
- MAHC 1st Addition Annex – The 1st addition of the Model Aquatic Health Code Annex for help with regulations put forth in the code.
- 2010 ADA Standards Section 242 - Legal text of Section 242 of the 2010 ADA Standards dealing with accessible means of entry for swimming pools, wading pools and spas.
- 2010 ADA Standards Section 1009 - Legal text of Section 1009 of the 2010 ADA Standards dealing with pool lifts, sloped entries, transfer walls, transfer systems, and pool stairs.
- Accessible Pools: Means of Entry and Exit Overview - An easy to understand overview of sections 242 and 1009 of the 2010 ADA Standards document having to deal with commercial pools and how they need to accommodate people with physical disabilities. Compliancy must have been met by January 31, 2013.
- Drain Cover Life Expectancy and Replacement FAQ - Answers to the most common questions about replacing your drain covers when they expire according to the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act.
- Drain Cover Expiration Chart – Stay VGB compliant and make sure your drain covers are replaced before they expire.
- Virginia Graeme Baker Act Timeline – Track the life of the VGB Act as it evolved after being signed into law.
- Connecticut Public Health Code
- OSHA Hazard Communication Effective Dates - View the effective dates for employees, employers, manufacturers, importers and distributors and required changes.
- OSHA Fact Sheet for Employee Training - Understand the requirements for employee training on the new OSHA standards in Hazard Communication. To comply with these dates have your employees take our Hazard Communication course.
- Quick Card for SDSs - A quick reference card for the new Safety Data Sheets (SDSs).
- Quick Card for Standard Labels - A quick reference card for the new standard labels.
- Quick Card for Standard Pictograms - A quick reference card for the new standard pictograms.
Trade publications featuring Blue Wave
- How to Extend Your Pool/Spa Season – Ways to open your pool sooner and close it later.
- Heating by Design - Discussing the ins and outs of heating options can help clarify which one is right for each customer.
- Drain Recall Concerns - Service companies address drain recall concerns.
- The Heat Is On - A checklist of gas heater issues that tend to develop during the winter can make for a trouble-free start-up in spring.
- Pool Opening Suggestions - Now's the time to Start Preparing for Pool Opening
- Growing the business - See how Blue Wave Pool has grown it's business by keeping the customer as the key focus.
- Heater Hazards - Improper heater installation and care can cause dangerous situations in your house.
- CT City Covers Cost of CPO Certification - Blue Wave was selected by the City of Bridgeport to host 10 CPO Courses for commercial pools from 2018-2020.
- Becoming a Service Tech All Star - A course for the rookie service technician was designed by Blue Wave, and taught by Brian Diglio for the first time at the Pool & Spa Show in Atlantic City, NJ.